A Touch of Luxury: Gold Braces in Orthodontics
Currently, there are several orthodontic braces available according to the type of dental issue being addressed or your personal preference. Gold braces are one such revolutionary orthodontic braces being opted by many globally.
High-quality and state-of-the-art gold braces are provided by Morrisville orthodontist, who specializes in patient comfort and satisfaction.
What are gold braces?
Gold braces are special orthodontic devices that align and straighten teeth to improve bite and dental health. These consist of a stainless steel base (to enhance strength) that is coated with gold to give them a unique, fashionable look. The coating may be pure 24-karat gold or any other gold-tone metal.
Gold braces are excellent options if you want to add some fun, luxury, and style to your smile.
How do they work?
Gold braces consist of a system of metal brackets and wires that are glued to the teeth. A bracket is attached to each tooth and connected through the archwire.
Gold braces exert a specific amount of gentle, constant pressure on the teeth to move them to their proper position. You may require rubber bands to provide additional force to certain areas.
Gold braces can help correct dental problems such as:
- Malocclusions like overbite, underbite, cross bite, deep bite, open bite
- Crowded teeth
- Crooked teeth
- Teeth with gaps (diastema)
- Problems with chewing and speech
Do gold braces hurt?
When you get your gold braces for the first time, it is likely that you may experience mild discomfort as your teeth and mouth adjust to the new element. This is usually temporary and often goes away within a few days. Your dentist may recommend you avoid hard foods for a few days until your pain and discomfort settle down.
What are the benefits of gold braces?
Common merits of gold braces include:
- Stylish way to flaunt your personality
- Comfortable if you are allergic to other metals
- Durable and long-lasting
- Effective in correcting dental problems, just like traditional braces
- Results impart a beautiful smile that boosts your self-esteem
How should you care for gold braces?
Consider the following guidelines in order to care for your gold braces:
- Maintain good oral hygiene
- Use an appropriate soft-bristled toothbrush to clean your teeth and effectively remove food particles
- Brush twice a day
- Ensure to gargle your mouth after every meal
- It is best to avoid hard, chewy, and sticky foods that can lead to food and plaque accumulation and also damage your braces
- Avoid using any whitening products
Gold braces may be a little more expensive than traditional braces, but they are worth a try since they enhance your dental alignment. This can revitalize your smile and overall appearance.